This Policy is in effect for any web pages, mobile applications, third party social media sites, email lists, on-site electronic data collection, generic information and personal information collected and/or owned by Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (“JLR USA”, “our” or “we”), including but not limited to the Jaguar USA and the Land Rover USA websites, no matter the method of collection (e.g., mail, facsimile, sign-up/sign-in page, survey), including collection through this website and any online features, services and/or programs offered by JLR USA (collectively, the “Web Properties”). Your use of the Web Properties is also governed by Terms and Conditions located at https://www.landroverusa.com/terms-and-conditions.html.
US Land Rover InControl:
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Data. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
• Right to Know. You have the right to request, no more than twice in any 12-month period, disclosure of the following information:
• Categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected.
• Categories of Personal Information sold or disclosed to third parties.
• Categories of third parties with whom such Personal Information is sold or disclosed.
• Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
• Specific pieces of Personal Information we collect.
• Right to Opt-Out under CCPA. You have the right to opt-out from having your Personal Information sold to third parties, if applicable. We have third party cookies on our website that get access to your personal information in order to assist us with analyzing our marketing effectiveness and providing you with tailored content and advertising based on your interactions with our or other websites. This technology allows these advertising partners to receive information about your activities on our website, which is then associated with your browser or device. These companies may use this data to serve you more relevant ads as you browse the Internet. We also share information as described above with retailers, vehicle service providers, and business partners who may use this information for their own business purposes. Under some state laws, this type of sharing data may be considered a “sale” of information. You can opt out of this sharing by clicking on the "Do Not Sell My Info" link on our website. If you opt-out of cookies and then access our website from another device, you will need to opt-out of cookies on the other device as well. See the Third Party Opt Out section below for additional opt out options. JLR USA has no actual knowledge of any sales of Personal Information of minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
• Non-Discrimination. You will not be subject to discriminatory treatment for exercising a right to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA. JLR USA will not discriminate by:
• Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Right to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights under CCPA you may submit a request here: https://www.landroverusa.com/contact-us/contact-us.html. (Select Category: “Customer Relationship Center” and Topic: “California Consumer Privacy Act Request” from the drop-down menu.) Alternatively, you can call us at 1-800-452-4827 and state that you have a request under CCPA.
Please note that these rights apply only to select California consumers and exclude job applicants, employees, and business contacts. Only you or an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. Except where you have provided an agent with a Power of Attorney pursuant to Sections 4000 – 4465 of the California Probate Code, when using an authorized agent you must: (1) provide the agent with signed permission clearly describing their authority to make a request on your behalf; (ii) verify your own identity; and (iii) directly confirm that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. That agent must also be able to verify their identity with us and provide us with their authority to act on your behalf.
Verifying Your CCPA Request
The verifiable consumer request initiated by you or your authorized agent must:
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. One of our representatives will contact you in order to verify your identity. You may need to provide additional information in order to verify your request, such as recent commercial or identity information. Depending on the nature of the request, we may require additional verification actions be taken, including but not limited to providing a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Information is the subject of the request. We will only use this information to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
CCPA Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to us or our third-party advertisers and marketing partners, if any, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS in the subject line. We will need your first and last name, mailing address, and email address in order to process your request. Within thirty days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of personally identifiable information disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, if any, along with the names and addresses of these third parties, if any. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the requirements of Section 1798.83 and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
Your "Do Not Track" Browser Setting
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including the Web Properties, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com. Other third-party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to any individual or a household. It does not include anonymous or aggregated data that cannot be associated with an individual or household.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
(1) Contact Information such as name, address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address;
(2) Identifiers such as first name, maiden name, last name, alias, username or similar unique personal identifier, online identifier, social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, marital status, date of birth, place of birth, race, ethnicity, and gender;
(3) Financial Data such as asset and income information, lease information, bank account and credit/debit card numbers;
(4) Commercial Information such as details of products and services you have purchased, or purchasing or consuming tendencies or histories;
(5) Vehicle Information such as vehicle identification numbers (VINs), warranty information, recalls, and service history;
(6) Audio and Visual Information such as call recordings and images;
(7) Geolocation Data such as your physical location;
(8) Technical Information such as Internet protocol (IP) address, MAC Address or device ID/UDID, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Web Properties.
(9) Profile Data such as username, password, product preferences, vehicle configurations, details about vehicles purchased or leased, feedback and survey responses.
(10) Usage Data includes information about how you use the Web Properties.
(11) Marketing and Communications Information such as marketing campaign data, click throughs, your preferences and consent in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, communication preferences, communications via email, mail and text, and activities while visiting a participating dealer.
(12) Inference Data including inferences drawn from the Personal Information identified above.
Information You Provide to A Third Party
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from a variety of sources and methods. This includes:
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
JLR USA collects such personal information may include when you: (1) purchase, order, or request information about our products and services through the Web Properties; (2) access a JLR USA social media platform; (3) sign up for email notifications, electronic newsletters, mobile messages (including SMS), or social media notifications from, or on behalf of, JLR USA; (4) enter or participate in a JLR USA contest, event, promotion or sweepstakes, or respond to one of our surveys; (5) provide JLR USA with comments, suggestions or other input through the Web Properties; (6) create a user account for use in connection with the Web Properties (your “User Account”); and (7) while you are physically present at a retailer, by reading the “pings” created by the Wi-Fi and/or mobile radios contained in your mobile device.
JLR USA or a partner may sponsor promotions, sweepstakes or contests through the Web Properties. Your participation is entirely voluntary. You may be asked to provide personally identifiable information including, but not limited to, your name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We collect Personal Information from various third parties, including those listed below. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information received from third parties is governed by the privacy policies listed on the website where the information was submitted by the user. Third parties may send their own cookies and pixel tags to you, and may collect information and use it in a way inconsistent with this Policy. Please carefully review these third-party privacy policies to understand how your information may be collected, used and disclosed by these third parties.
Affiliates. We share personal information among the companies within the Jaguar Land Rover family of companies and affiliates related to us by common control or ownership.
Retailers and Vehicle Service Providers. We receive Personal Information from third party retailers and vehicle service providers in connection with vehicles sales, leases, and repairs. The information that is collected will depend on factors like who you have bought or leased your vehicle from and the services that you request throughout the period of your vehicle ownership.
Third Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers including where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, such as email, text, and chat platforms, social media platforms, roadside assistance platforms, survey platforms, lenders, and analytic services providers.
Third Party Advertising Partners. We collect Personal Information received from third party advertising partners, including partners who host and manage various advertisements and online forms where you can request additional information and joint marketing partners with which we offer co-branded service or engage in joint marketing efforts.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Web Properties
Browser Log Files: Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Web Properties and collect and record certain information about each visitor. This information includes or may include your “Internet Protocol”, or IP, address, browser language, browser type, operating system, domain names, browsing history (including time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit), referring/exit web pages and URLs, and number of clicks.
Web Beacons: Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Web Beacons do not carry any Personal Information and are only used to track usage of the Web Properties and activities associated with the Web Properties. See the Third Party Opt Out section below.
Unique Identifier: We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we use it to personalize the information you see on the Web Properties and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use, and this information is not shared with others.
Third Party Opt-Out: We may allow third-party companies to serve advertisements and/or collect certain information when you visit the Web Properties. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party Web Beacon to collect this information, as further described above. Through these technologies, the third party may have access to and use information about your online usage activity.
You can opt-out of certain online behavioral services through any one of the ways described below. After you opt-out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but those advertisements will no longer be as relevant to you.
• You can opt-out via the Consumer Choice Page at www.aboutads.info.
Note: If you opt-out as described above, you should not delete your cookies. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
Use of Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect is used for the following business purposes:
1. To enable the features of the Web Properties, including, but not limited to: (a) operating any competitions or promotions in which you may participate; (b) setting up and managing your online account, including but not limited to our processing your requests for information, and/or providing support services to you; (c) providing services to you, such as providing you information about our vehicles;
2. To improve the Web Properties by determining which of our products, features and services are most popular. We may analyze your information and usage information to enable us and our affiliates to provide services to you and develop new features, functionality and services;
3. To personalize your experience on the Web Properties and customize the advertising and content you see;
4. To communicate with you and to inform you about our and third parties’ products and services. When requested by you, we (and/or any of our third party service providers) may send you and keep you updated with information about existing and new services, products and special offers, by email, telephone (including, but not limited to, SMS), mail or by means of any other contact details you provide to us or our affiliates, or to such third party service providers;
5. To provide and deliver our products and services, including operating, securing, and troubleshooting; providing support for vehicle service, warranty, and recall; and providing customer service and technical support;
6. For internal research, development, analytics, analysis and reporting purposes, e.g. to monitor current vehicle performance, predict trends or performance, improve existing products and services, develop new functions, products and services, or to evidence compliance with regulatory requirements;
7. To operate our business, maintain our records, administer and maintain our websites, support your queries and any other internal operations and administrative purposes;
8. To support retailer operations;
9. To maintain our network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorized access. And to maintain appropriate server locations (for example, we may work with third parties to support appropriate use of cloud services);
10. To protect our interests, including establishing, exercising and defending legal rights and claims; and
11. As necessary to comply with legal requirements, to enforce our Code of Conduct, to prevent fraud, to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities, and to stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities.
When Information Is Shared By JLR USA
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to demonstrate the usage patterns for JLR USA’s advertisements, content, functionality promotions, competitions, games and/or services on the Web Properties and/or on third party websites.
Information You Instruct Us to Share. You may be presented with an option to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties.
Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain business services on behalf of us or the Service, and may disclose Personal Information to such service providers as needed for them to perform these business services. Service providers are only allowed to use, disclose or retain the Personal Information to provide these services and are prohibited from selling Personal Information. Business services provided include, but are not limited to, hosting services, software as a service, document management services, communications services such as email, text, and chat services, software and website development services, accounting and audit services, compliance services, quality control services, analytics services, call center services, roadside assistance services, and marketing services.
Retailers and Authorized Vehicle Service Providers. We share Contact Information, Identifiers, Commercial Information, Vehicle Information, Profile Data, and Marketing and Communication Data with retailers and authorized vehicle service providers, as needed to honor your request for a price quote or to schedule a test drive, provide repair services, or for purposes of contacting you in their regular course of business.
Business Partners. We share Contact Information, Identifiers, Vehicle Information, Technical Information, and Marketing and Communication Data with our business partners that we work with to offer goods and services to customers and potential customers including joint marketing partners, advertising and analytics companies, and SIRIUS XM.
Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our Jaguar Land Rover family of companies and affiliates related to us by common control or ownership, who may use the Personal Information for the purposes described above.
Rebate Providers. We may share Personal Information with government agencies or third parties as needed to facilitate your participation in an incentive or rebate program.
Legal Process. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information to law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory agencies, and others in connection with the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions located at Jaguar and Land Rover, to take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Web Properties, and to protect our rights, property, or personal safety of JLR USA, and that of our users or others.
Business Transactions. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the JLR USA business and/or assets. We also cannot make any representations regarding the use or transfer of your Personal Information or other information that we may have in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors, and you expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of your Personal Information or other information in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets in any of the above described proceedings. Furthermore, we cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us.
User Account, Password, and Security
For certain features available through the Web Properties, we may require the use of encryption technologies provided for your protection and/or User Account. We use reasonable precautions to protect the privacy of your username, password and User Account information. You, however, are ultimately responsible for protecting your username, password and User Account information from disclosure to third parties, and you are not permitted to circumvent the use of required encryption technologies. You agree to: (a) immediately notify JLR USA of any unauthorized use of your username, password and/or User Account, and/or any other breach of security; and (b) ensure that you log out from your User Account at the end of each session. While we may provide certain encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not and cannot guarantee or warrant that any information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions are free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
Employment Opportunity Information Collection
Information from Children
Privacy Outside the Web Properties
European Union Users
Choices with Your Personal Information
Whether you submit any Personal Information to JLR USA is entirely up to you. You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information. However, this information is essential for the provision and quality of some of the services we offer to you, so we cannot provide you with certain services if you choose to withhold requested information.
Access and Correction
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, or if you see anything on the Web Properties that you think is inappropriate or incorrect, please let us know by email or by sending your comments or requests to:
© 2020 Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
EFFECTIVE AS OF: March 1, 2013
LAST UPDATED: December 10, 2020