LAND ROVER ANNOUNCES RETURN OF LAND ROVER DEFENDER TROPHY EDITION WITH ADVENTURE COMPETITION EXPERIENCE
• Land Rover North America will produce 250 adventure-ready exclusive Defender Trophy Edition vehicles in 2022, paying tribute to the iconic 4x4’s long-standing expedition legacy
• Based on the 2023 Defender 90 P400 X-Dynamic SE, it will feature a vehicle wrap in a heritage inspired yellow colorway, an Extended Black Exterior Pack, tow hitch receiver, Air Suspension Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Off-road Pack, and Advanced Off-road Capability Pack
• Additional all-terrain equipment includes an expedition roof rack, deployable ladder, electronic winch and winch installation kit1, mud flaps, integrated air compressor, deep-sided, and loadspace rubber mats
• Defender Trophy Edition purchase3 includes an opportunity to participate in a one-day off-road adventure in the North American Trophy Competition held at the Land Rover Experience Center in Manchester, V.T. starting from October 8, 2022
• The overall winning team of the North American Trophy Competition will go on to compete in an extreme adventure competition in 2023 in the U.K.
• Exclusive for 2021 Defender Trophy Edition Adventure participants, a special competition wave has been added for them to revisit the experience
• The Defender Trophy Edition will be available this August, priced at $95,0002, and can be purchased at certain Land Rover retailers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more, visit landroverusa.com/vehicles/defender/trophy-edition.
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – August 19, 2022 – Today, Land Rover North America announced a limited production Defender Trophy Edition, with an opportunity to join an exclusive adventure competition held at the Land Rover Experience Center in Manchester, Vermont. Following the success of the 2021 competition, Defender Trophy owners will have the ability to take part in the expedition style competition included with purchase4.
The Defender Trophy Edition continues the spirit of adventure which is deep rooted in the model’s legacy across the globe. Based on the 2023 Defender 90 P400 X-Dynamic SE, the Defender Trophy Edition features a special vehicle wrap in heritage inspired yellow colorway, a unique Trophy Badge, an Extended Black Exterior Pack, Tow Hitch Receiver, Air Suspension Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Off-road Pack, and Advanced Off-road Capability Pack.
The Defender Trophy Edition is designed to tackle some of the most demanding endurance challenges. Additional all-terrain equipment includes an Expedition Roof Rack, Deployable Roof Ladder, Electronic Winch/ Winch Accessory Pack1, Front and Rear Classic Mudflaps, Integrated Air Compressor, Deep-Sided Mats, and Load Space Rubber Mats.
“The Defender Trophy Edition continues to embrace the spirit of adventure while honoring Land Rover’s rich and iconic heritage,” said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America. “We look forward to welcoming our Defender Trophy Edition customers to put these vehicles to the test at the exclusive adventure competition, while experiencing the breadth of capabilities inherent to the Defender.”
With 250 Defender Trophy Edition vehicles sold exclusively in the U.S. and Canada (220 US/ 30 Canada), each will come with an opportunity for a two-person entry to a one-day off-road adventure in the Defender Trophy Competition. Up to 90 teams (six waves of 15 teams maximum on a first come, first served basis) from the U.S. and Canada will compete at the Land Rover Experience Center in Manchester, V.T., starting from October 8, 2022.
The overall winning team, as determined by a judging panel, will go on to take part in the Classic Land Rover Trophy Competition in the stunning and challenging terrain in the U.K, due to take place in Spring 2023.
In addition, returning Participants of the 2021 Defender Trophy Competition, can enter the Trophy Competition at the cost of $5,000 per team. Limited to 15 two-person entries on a first-come, first-served basis, the winning team of returning Defender Trophy Participants will enjoy a trip to the UK for a unique off-road driving experience.
Competitors will face a number of on- and off-road challenges, including physical and team-building obstacles. In addition, expert one-on-one coaching will be provided as part of the adventure, giving customers a unique opportunity to develop extreme driving techniques and skills in their own vehicle before putting their training to the test.
The Defender Trophy Edition will be available this August, with an MSRP of $95,0002. It can be purchased at certain Land Rover retailers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more visit, landroverusa.com/vehicles/defender/trophy-edition.
# # #
1Available as a retailer installed optional accessory. Supply of vehicle winch is very limited and subject to availability. Before using the winch, please consult the owner's manual or your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for more details.
2Starting at price shown is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $1,475 destination and delivery, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.
4A maximum of 90 team spots are available on a first come, first served basis with a purchase of a Defender Trophy Edition vehicle and registration deadline is September 27, 2022. Please see your participating authorized Land Rover Retailer for complete Terms and Conditions or visit https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles/defender/trophy-edition-terms-and-conditions.html