2021 Land Rover U.S. Trophy Competition - Competition Terms
The general terms and conditions set out below (the “Competition Terms”) apply to the 2021 Land Rover U.S. Trophy competition (the “Trophy Competition”) being run and administered at a purpose-built course in Ashville, North Carolina by Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, New Jersey, 07495 (“Land Rover”) and its affiliate and group companies or any operator appointed by Land Rover. This version of the Competition Terms applies to entrants in the United States only.
1) Employees of Land Rover and employees of any third party affiliated with the Trophy Competition, Land Rover’s parent companies, subsidiaries, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren), and household members, whether or not related, or Land Rover’s affiliates, advisors or media/advertising/promotion agencies/partners (and their immediate family and household members whether or not related) are not eligible to enter the Trophy Competition.
2) The Trophy Competition is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited by law.
3) To enter the Trophy Competition and win the Grand Prize (as defined below), you must enter into a purchase agreement and place a deposit of at least $1,000.00 for a 2022 U.S. Trophy Land Rover Defender vehicle (the “Trophy Vehicle”) at an authorized U.S. Land Rover Retailer by September 24, 2021.
4) Each entrant to the Trophy Competition must consist of a team of two (2) individuals as follows:
a. the “Entrant Participant” is the individual owner of the Trophy Vehicle, or a member of the owner’s household and Entrant Participant’s rights cannot be transferred to anyone outside of owner’s household.
b. the “Co-Entrant/Teammate” is an individual selected by Entrant Participant to participate in the Trophy Competition and who must comply with the same eligibility parameters set forth herein.
5) Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must have valid email addresses in order to enter the Trophy Competition and to win the Grand Prize (as defined below).
6) Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must be at least 18 years of age to enter the Trophy Competition and claim the Grand Prize (as defined below).
7) Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must be able to travel to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina for a to be determined 2 consecutive day period during the period of October 11, 2021 and October 17, 2021.
8) Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must hold valid and current United States driver’s licenses and be able to complete driver’s license declaration forms. Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must have at least three (3) years uninterrupted driving experience on a valid driver’s license without a conviction for any driving offenses or serious accidents (which includes any accident involving any form of personal injury) in the last two (2) years. Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must be in good physical condition and have no injuries, ailments or impairments that could jeopardize his/her safety or the safety of others while participating in the Trophy Competition, and may be required to sign an additional release and waiver as provided by Land Rover.
9) Entrant Participant’s and Co-Entrant/Teammate’s entry into the Trophy Competition is subject to the acceptance of, and compliance with, these Competition Terms, and any terms contained in applicable promotional material.
Registration for the Trophy Competition
a) In order to register for the Trophy Competition, eligible entrants must complete an electronic form to be supplied to the eligible entrants at the time of purchase of the Trophy Vehicle. Alternatively, the electronic form will be sent to the eligible entrants via email shortly after purchase of the Trophy Vehicle. Eligible entrants must include, among other things, the following information on the form: first and last name; age; email address; physical address; gender; T-shirt and hat size; and any dietary restrictions for Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate.
1) Only the prize listed below will be available to be awarded as part of the Trophy Competition:
a. Grand Prize: A total of one (1) Grand Prize consisting of a trip for two (2) people to participate in the 2022 Eastnor Trophy Experience in the United Kingdom scheduled for February 24, 2022 through February 28, 2022 (the “Trophy Experience”). The prize includes round-trip, business-class air transportation for two (2) people from a major international airport nearest winner’s residence (determined by Land Rover in its sole discretion) to an airport in the United Kingdom designated by Land Rover; four (4) nights’ accommodations at a combination of hotel and cabin facilities determined by Land Rover in its sole discretion (one (1) room, double occupancy); round-trip ground transportation between designated locations (including airport, hotel and the Trophy Experience”) in the United Kingdom; and meals. Itinerary for the Trophy Experience will be provided to the winner at time of prize notification. Winner must travel before February 24, 2022 or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Land Rover will have no further obligation to winner. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates and must be made through Land Rover’s agent. Travel must be round trip. Travel cannot be changed once booked. Land Rover will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Competition Terms, and those set forth by Land Rover’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly stated in the package description above as being provided, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Land Rover will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Land Rover is not responsible if the Trophy Experience is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is USD $15,000. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Land Rover’s sole discretion. Land Rover reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or portion thereof) for one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household. If an agreement cannot be reached with winning team regarding the selection of the designated wave within seven (7) days of notification of the Grand Prize, Land Rover may select an alternate winner for the Grand Prize with the assistance of the judging panel.
b. The winner acknowledges that the Grand Prize is an “experience” and not a vacation. The winner and travel companion will be expected to participate in long days of driving, including periods of extreme off-road driving in varying weather conditions as part of the Trophy Experience, with potentially other participants in the vehicle. Winner acknowledges that the driving portion of the Trophy Experience may include dangerous activities which may result in injury or death, and both winner and travel companion participate in the Trophy Experience at their own risk. By accepting the Grand Prize and participating in the Trophy Experience, the winner and travel companion represent that they are in good physical and mental health, and do not suffer from any condition or injury which might jeopardize their health or safety during participation in the Trophy Experience.
Grand Prize Requirements, Restrictions and Exclusions
1) The winner and travel companion must have, and are solely responsible for obtaining, all necessary identification and/or travel documents and visas required for travel, including, but not limited to, a passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of travel and any necessary Visas and vaccinations. Land Rover may assist where necessary in its sole discretion;
2) Comply with all COVID-19 guidelines instituted by the Eastnor Castle Estate and Land Rover’s Trophy Experience program and any executive orders and directives issued by the United Kingdom and United States as part of their response to the COVID-19 public health emergency;
3) The winner’s and travel companion’s names used for the Trophy Competition entry must match valid government issued identification;
4) A valid credit or debit card may be required for security deposit purposes when checking into any hotel included in a Grand Prize;
5) Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, third party prize providers or any other persons involved in providing any prize-related goods, services or accommodations;
6) Released Parties will not be responsible for missed flights, trains, buses, etc. for any reason, winner’s and travel companion’s failure to book or confirm the same consistent with Land Rover’s instructions, or any resulting expenses;
7) Released Parties are not responsible if winner and/or travel companion is denied entry to, or re-entry from, any aircraft, United Kingdom or the United States. In such event, the winner will be solely responsible for all additional expenses incurred and may waive participation in the Trophy Experience, in whole or in part; and
8) The winning team may share a vehicle and driving time with other competition participants for the duration of the trip (any vehicle changes will be at the absolute discretion of Land Rover).
9) In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or disaster, Land Rover reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Trophy Competition or suspend or modify the Grand Prize.
10) The Grand Prize, if won, could result in time off from work or study. Winner and travel companion should ensure prior to entering the Trophy Competition that you are able to take this time off from work or study, where necessary. It is the sole responsibility of the winner and travel companion to arrange time off if necessary.
11) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Grand Prize will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
12) Land Rover retains absolute discretion to decide whether the winning team is fit to travel; the winning team (at its own expense) may be required to provide a certificate of good health by a medical practitioner. Land Rover will not be liable to pay compensation to any winner or travel companion who is deemed unfit or unable to travel.
1) In order to enter the Trophy Competition, you must follow the entry process set forth above or otherwise indicated at time of purchase of the Trophy Vehicle. The Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must compete at the Trophy Competition at the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, North Carolina from October 11, 2021 through October 17, 2021, which consists of a 2-day challenge experience (see description below). Land Rover will offer each Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate a specific 2-day period during the period of October 11, 2021 and October 17, 2021 to participate in the Trophy Competition, and Land Rover will make best efforts to accommodate the Entrant Participant’s and Co-Entrant/Teammate’s schedules. However, Land Rover cannot guarantee all Trophy Competition teams will be accommodated. The Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate will receive a two-night stay in one double occupancy hotel room at the Biltmore Estate. Meals, competition participation, hotel stay will be supplied by Land Rover. The Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate are responsible for travel to and from the Trophy Competition.
2) Trophy Competition participants must comply with: (a) all COVID-19 guidelines instituted by the Biltmore Estate and Land Rover’s Trophy Competition program, including presenting (i) results of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours ahead of attending the event, or (ii) proof of vaccination against COVID-19, e.g., a vaccination card or “vaccine passport,” and (b) any executive orders and directives issued by the State of North Carolina as part of its response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
3) The Trophy Competition will include some physical exertion, problem solving and off-road driving challenges as well as teamwork exercises. All competitive activities will be scored based on accuracy and time.
4) There will be a total of 90 slots for the Trophy Competition and slots will be available on a first come, first served basis. The registration deadline for the Trophy Competition is September 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
5) All eligible and qualified entries are deemed to be eligible for the Grand Prize at the time of participation in the Trophy Competition.
6) A Trophy Competition participant is limited to one entry (i.e., a single Trophy Competition entry).
7) Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate must have a sense of adventure and be ready for a challenge as part of their participation in the Trophy Competition. As discussed further below, during the Trophy Competition, Land Rover will form a judging panel and record the scores, times and penalties. Land Rover, together with the judging panel, will select a winner of the Grand Prize.
8) Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate agree that, by participating in the Trophy Competition, Land Rover may use their names, images or likenesses in any manner (including a photograph, film or recording of the same) and in any medium now or hereafter devised, for our advertising, promotional and other purposes, worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate may be required to sign a document to this effect.
9) By participating in the Trophy Competition, Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate agree that Land Rover may photograph, film and otherwise record them. Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate agree that Land Rover shall own all rights, title and interest in the Trophy Competition footage and that Land Rover, its designees, successors and assigns may exploit, edit, modify, post, create derivative works of, distribute and otherwise use the footage and all elements of such, including the names, likenesses, voices and performances of individuals embodied therein in whole or in part, in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission from Entrant Participant, Co-Entrant/Teammate or any third party. Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate may be required to sign a document to this effect.
10) Land Rover reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Land Rover has reason to believe has breached any of these Competition Terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardize fair and proper conduct of the Trophy Competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Land Rover’s discretion. Failure by Land Rover to enforce any of its right at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Land Rover’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11) If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Land Rover reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12) Land Rover reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and void all associated entries) that it feels has sought to take an unfair advantage over other entrants by using such technologies or otherwise in its sole discretion.
13) Released Parties will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any Trophy Competition disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Land Rover; or (c) other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Trophy Competition, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Trophy Competition, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of Prizes or in any Trophy Competition-related matters.
Determination of Trophy Competition Winner
1) The Trophy Competition is an exercise of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. The Trophy Competition involves selection of a winner by a judge or judging panel during the Competition. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from all valid entries in the Trophy Competition. A different panel of judges may be used for each ”heat” of the Trophy Competition.
2) Land Rover and an appointed panel will judge and record the scores, times and penalties. Rankings as judged by Land Rover are final. In the event of a tie for any Trophy Competition wave, an additional tie-breaking judge will re-judge all tied entries using the judging criteria set forth herein to determine the winner. Land Rover reserves the right to not award a Grand Prize if, in its sole opinion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries. Judging scores will not be revealed.
3) The relevant judging panel will select the winning entry for the Trophy Competition based on a fair objective judging criteria. Entrants’ chances of winning depend on their skill in completing challenges during the allotted time during the Trophy Competition and meeting the applicable criteria to the satisfaction of the judges.
4) Land Rover reserves the right to verify the identity and age of a winner prior to awarding any Grand Prize. Trophy Competition winner may also be subject to a criminal record or associated background check to ensure suitability of representing the brand.
5) The Trophy Competition winner will be notified by e-mail. The winner of the Grand Prize will have seven (7) days from the date and time the notification was sent to claim the prize by replying in the way required in the notification.
6) If the winner (or later substitute winner) of the Grand Prize does not respond within this timeframe, Land Rover reserves the right to disqualify the winner and instruct the judging panel to select a substitute winner, at its sole discretion.
7) The Trophy Competition winning team members’ names and states may be made available by Land Rover on the Trophy Competition website for a limited time once the winner has been selected.
8) Third party suppliers of the Grand Prize (including venues) may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all prize winners agree to be bound by these.
9) The winner may be required to sign and return any documents reasonably requested by Land Rover including an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, prior to receiving any portion of the Grand Prize. Failure to return any required document by the date requested will render the potential winner ineligible to receive the Grand Prize. If any documentation is not returned as requested within 72 hours of notification via transmission to the email address provided in the entry or other method, or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible prior to a Grand Prize being awarded, Land Rover may, in its sole discretion, award a Grand Prize to the next alternative potential winner selected by the judging panel.
10) The winner of the Trophy Competition (i.e., the team comprised of the Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate) must also participate in the Trophy Experience as part of the Grand Prize. Since the Grand Prize is non-transferable, if, for any reason, the winner (i.e., Entrant Participant) identifies a teammate to participate in the Trophy Experience that is different than the Co-Entrant/Teammate that participated in the Trophy Competition, Land Rover reserves the right to deny substituting any individual to ensure that the individual’s capabilities are consistent with the demands of the Trophy Experience.
Privacy and Publicity
1) By participating in a Trophy Competition, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Land Rover and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advisors, media/advertising/promotion agencies/partners, distributors, vendors, and prize suppliers, as well as their directors, officers, advisors and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to the Entrant Participant’s and Co-Entrant/Teammate’s participation in the Trophy Competition, the Entrant Participant’s and Co-Entrant/Teammate’s beach of these Competition Terms, and/or related to any Grand Prize or component of the Grand Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
2) The winner of the Trophy Competition agrees (for himself or herself and his or her heirs) that, by accepting the Grand Prize, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Released Parties will have no liability, and will be held harmless by the Entrant Participant and Co-Entrant/Teammate for any liability, loss, injury or damage to property or person, including death, and reasonable legal fees and court costs, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or participation in the Trophy Competition, save that nothing in these Competition Terms shall be construed to limit or exclude any liability of a Released Party for fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud, death or personal injury caused by a the Released Party’s negligence or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
1) In the event of exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, Land Rover reserves the right to cancel or amend the Trophy Competition or these Competition Terms at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
2) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Land Rover excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, loss or damage whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic arising (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) out of or in connection with your participation in the Trophy Competition, entry into these Competition Terms or receipt or use or misuse of the Grand Prize (including travel or activity related thereto).
3) The decisions of Land Rover are final and legally binding on all entrants, and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants or any other person except as contemplated herein.
4) The Trophy Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
5) The Trophy Competition and these Competition Terms are governed by the internal laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to its conflict of law principles. Any legal proceeding concerning these Competition Terms must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in New Jersey and you irrevocably submit to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Sponsor/Promoter: The Sponsor/Promoter of the Trophy Competition is Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC located at 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, New Jersey 07430.