NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, IN OHIO, VIRGINIA, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Land Rover & Virgin Galactic Adventure of a Lifetime Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”)
1. Entry Period:Entries will be accepted starting at 10:00AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 28, 2022 and ending at 11:59PM EST on June 20, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to owners of a Land Rover vehicle registered in the United States as of February 27, 2022, who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, excluding the States of Ohio and Virginia, and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (each an “Entrant”). Void outside of the United States, in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law or by these Official Rules. Employees of Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (“Sponsor”), Virgin Galactic, LLC (“Virgin Galactic”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealerships, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, and their immediate family members (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household, related or not, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
3. Registration: To participate, during the Sweepstakes Period, Entrant must complete a registration form and create an account located at www.LandRoverAdventureofaLifetime.com Entrant must provide the vehicle identification number (“VIN”) of the Land Rover vehicle that is registered in the name of the Entrant, and which vehicle registration is valid no later than February 27, 2022. Only one Sweepstakes registration is allowed for each Land Rover vehicle VIN. Only one Sweepstakes registration is allowed per unique email address.
4. Referral Network: Once registered, Entrant will return to www.LandRoverAdventureofaLifetime.com log into the Entrant’s account, and begin building a list of referrals (“Referral Network”). Entrant will be asked to provide the name and email address of referrals (each a “Referee”) which automatically triggers an official email invitation from Sponsor on behalf of the Entrant outlining the four (4) ways the Referee can earn Entrant entries in the Sweepstakes.
1. Referee must be 18 years of age and legal resident in the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia.
2. Entrants cannot identify themselves as a Referee or include themselves on their own Referral Network.
3. Entrants cannot be identified on any other Entrant’s Referral Network.
4. Referee can only be included on one Referral Network.
5. How to Enter: Entrants may earn entries into the Sweepstakes solely through the four (4) methods described below. All entries must be earned and received by Sponsor by 11:59PM EST on June 20, 2022, regardless of the method of entry.
Methods of Entry
1. Entrant completes the registration: Once an Entrant completes the online registration process the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
i. The online registration can only be completed once by each Entrant.
2. Referee Registers to Receive Land Rover Updates:
i. An Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each Referee who is identified in the Entrant’s Referral Network and completes a Land Rover “Let’s Keep in Touch” online form during the Sweepstakes Period.
ii. The Referee is permitted to share the email invitation from Sponsor with other individuals to assist Entrants build his/her Referral Network.
iii. The Land Rover “Let’s Keep in Touch” online form can only be completed once per unique email address.
i. All vehicle orders must be verified by Sponsor and the Sweepstakes operator before entries are granted.
ii. The email address provided to the Land Rover Retailer Referee orders a Land Rover vehicle must be identical to the email address used by the Entrant as part of the Entrant’s Referral Network.
iii. Limit one (1) vehicle order for each email address used by Referee.
iv. Referee must be added to Entrant’s Referral Network prior to Referee placing an order for the vehicle.
4. Referee Purchases, Finances or Leases a New Land Rover Vehicle: An Entrant will receive one hundred (100) entries into the Sweepstakes if a Referee who is included in the Entrant’s Referral Network purchases or leases a new Land Rover vehicle at a Land Rover Retailer during the Sweepstakes Period.
i. All vehicle purchases and leases must be verified by Sponsor and the Sweepstakes operator before entries are granted.
ii. The email address provided to the Land Rover Retailer at the time Referee orders a Land Rover vehicle must be identical to Referee’s email address used by the Entrant as part of the Entrant’s Referral Network.
iii. Referee must be added to Entrant’s Referral Network prior to Referee purchases or leases the Land Rover vehicle.
6. One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize consists of a round trip flight to Space with Virgin Galactic (the “Space Flight”) in addition to a minimum of five (5) days of training and promotional activities before the Space Flight. The date of the Space Flight will be determined by Virgin Galactic after the winner has been announced and confirmed. The winner will take a number in the overall queue and be assigned a date accordingly for the Space Flight by Virgin Galactic. Exact date will be subject to availability and the winner must use all reasonable endeavors to make himself/herself available for the flight on the day proposed by Virgin Galactic. If agreement cannot be reached in respect of the winner’s availability within seven (7) days, an alternate winner may be selected for the Space Flight by the Sponsor. The Space Flight will take place from Spaceport America, New Mexico USA. Land Rover will provide roundtrip coach/economy class air transportation for the winner from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence to the destination. Sponsor will provide ground transportation between the airport and hotel, and double-occupancy hotel accommodations and meals for winner and three (3) guests before the Space Flight near the location of Spaceport America to enable the winner to complete the necessary training for the Space Flight. All travel details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner must be in good physical condition and have no injuries, ailments or impairments that could jeopardize his/her safety or the safety of others while participating in the Space Flight and training and otherwise comply with Virgin Galactic’s conditions of carriage. The Grand Prize also includes $50,000 (awarded in the form of a check after the Space Flight) intended to be used towards the applicable taxes the winner must pay for the Grand Prize. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $250,000 and winner will be provided an IRS Form 1099 in the amount of $300,000. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prize cannot be transferred and has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitution allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a substitute prize of comparable or greater retail value. If a prize is awarded but forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from Spaceport America. All detail of prize not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor.
7. Grand Prize Drawing: One (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 15, 2022 from all eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. You do not need to be present to win. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the drawing.
8. Grand Prize Winner Verification/Requirements: The potential winner will be notified via telephone and/or email. If a potential winner does not respond to initial notification within 48 hours, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected for the drawing at issue. Potential winner will be required to satisfy Virgin Galactic’s conditions of carriage, including, completion of a medical program and Space flight preparation activities and sign all documents required by Virgin Galactic to be eligible to participate in a space flight including, without limitation a Reciprocal Waiver of Claims and Informed Consent documents, which will be provided by Virgin Galactic at a future date and that may be updated from time-to-time by Virgin Galactic in its sole discretion. Potential winner will also be required to provide proof of (a) identity, (b) a valid driver’s license, and (c) ownership of a Land Rover vehicle at the time Entrant completed the Sweepstakes registration form. Winner will also be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected for the drawing at issue.
9. Ten (10) Preliminary Prizes: Sponsor will also award a preliminary prize to an Entrant by random drawing once a week for ten (10) weeks during the Sweepstakes Period beginning on March 21, 2022 and ending on May 23, 2022 (a “Preliminary Prize”).
1. Description of Preliminary Prizes: The ten (10) preliminary prizes may include but are not limited to Land Rover Experience Center gift certificates and Land Rover Branded Goods.
i. Five (5) Tier 1 Preliminary Prizes: One (1) Tier 1 Preliminary Prize will be awarded with a retail value of up to $500.00 by random drawing on the following dates: March 21, 2022, April 4, 2022, April 18, 2022, May 2, 2022, and May 16, 2022. Sponsor will determine this Preliminary Prize in its sole discretion. Preliminary Prizes cannot be transferred and have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitution allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a substitute Preliminary Prize of comparable or greater retail value. If a Preliminary Prize is awarded and forfeited by a winner, the Preliminary Prize may not be re-awarded. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Preliminary Prize acceptance and not specified herein as being provided.
ii. Five (5) Tier 2 Preliminary Prizes: One (1) Tier 2 Preliminary Prize will be awarded with a retail value of up to $1000.00 by random drawing on the following dates: March 28, 2022, April 11, 2022, April 25, 2022, May 9, 2022, and May 23, 2022. Sponsor will determine this Preliminary Prize in its sole discretion. Preliminary Prizes cannot be transferred and have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitution allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a substitute Preliminary Prize of comparable or greater retail value. If a Preliminary Prize is awarded and forfeited by a winner, the Preliminary Prize may not be re-awarded. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Preliminary Prize acceptance and not specified herein as being provided.
3. Preliminary Prize Winner Verification/Requirements: Preliminary Prize winners will be notified via telephone and/or email. If a Preliminary Prize winner does not respond to an initial notification within 48 hours, the winner will forfeit the Preliminary Prize. Preliminary Prize winners will also be required to provide proof of (a) identity, (b) a valid driver’s license, and (c) ownership of a Land Rover vehicle at the time Entrant completed the Sweepstakes registration form. Preliminary Prize winners will also be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited.
4. Winners of a Preliminary Prize still have the ability to win additional Preliminary Prizes AND the Grand Prize.
10. General Conditions: Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules and grants permission to the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, and biographical information in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Electronically reproduced, mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules or acts in an unsportsmanlike manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Sweepstakes without notice or liability if the integrity of the Sweepstakes is compromised in any manner as determined by Sponsor, or if the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from all eligible, non-suspect entries received for such drawing(s) prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
11. Limitation of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Virgin Galactic, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealerships, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) that may be awarded. In the event seeding, technical, computer, software, human or other errors cause more than stated number of prizes to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the stated number of prizes by random drawing among all eligible claimants who submitted legitimate prize claims. In no event will Sponsor be liable for awarding more than the stated number of prizes. Releasees are not responsible for (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iii) late, lost, stolen, garbled, misdirected, undelivered or inaccurate entries, email or mail or lost or stolen entry boxes; or (iv) other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with any Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related material.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND NEW JERSEY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Jersey having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than Entrant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Who Won: To obtain a copy of the winners list (available after September 30, 2022), mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Jaguar Land Rover Sweepstakes Winners List c/o Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, NJ 07495. Requests must be received no later than December 1, 2022.
15. Sponsor: Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC, 100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, New Jersey 07495.