JAGUAR LAND ROVER TO DISPLAY ITS LARGEST RANGE OF VEHICLES AT 2017 L.A. AUTO SHOW
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – November 14, 2017 – Following key product introductions for both brands over the past few weeks, Jaguar Land Rover announced today it will show its largest ever range of vehicles at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show, held December 1-10 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Making its global debut in L.A. will be the new 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography, an exclusive model residing at the top of the renowned Range Rover line-up. Additional details of the enhancements made to the 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography will be subject to an additional announcement ahead of the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The 2018 Model Year Range Rover and Range Rover Sport model, featuring updated interior and exterior enhancements, also make their U.S. debuts at the L.A. Show.
Jaguar Land Rover SVO Debuts
The 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography is the latest product born from the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division, which creates the ultimate expressions of core Jaguar and Land Rover models –making them even more luxurious (SVAutobiography), better performing (SVR) and more capable (SVX).
Additional vehicles from SVO debuting at the show will be the Range Rover SVAutobiography Dynamic, the 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR and Land Rover Discovery SVX concept; marking the first time ever each of the three SVO product pillars (SVA, SVR, SVX) have been represented together.
First shown at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, the Land Rover Discovery SVX concept is a production preview of the ultimate Discovery built for off-road enthusiasts seeking epic adventures; increasing the capability of the fifth-generation Discovery on a variety of terrains, surfaces and weather conditions with larger tires, supercharged V8 power, a specially tuned Terrain Response® 2 traction management system and for the first time ever, Hydraulic Active Roll Control.4
Already sitting as the fastest Range Rover ever, the 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR takes its performance credentials to the next level; building on key enhancements made to the core Range Rover Sport line-up for the 2018 model year and adding a more potent 575 hp supercharged V8, upgraded brakes, lighter seats and a carbon composite hood. The new Range Rover Sport SVR is capable of 0-60 mph times of 4.3 seconds, on its way to an electronically controlled top speed of 176 mph.1
Jaguar Land Rover Electrification
Also shown for the first time in the U.S. are the 2019 MY Range Rover and Range Rover Sport3 gas-electric plug-in hybrid (PHEV) models. Offering sustainable luxury and performance, with up to 31 miles of zero-emission driving,2 the new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport PHEV models pair the latest consumer technology with an enhanced exterior design, marking the first manifestation of the company’s 2020 commitment to electrify its full model range.
Dr. Ralf Speth, Jaguar Land Rover Chief Executive Officer, said: “From 2020 every new Jaguar Land Rover model line will be electrified, giving our customers even more choice. We will introduce a portfolio of electrified products across our model range, embracing fully electric, plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid vehicles. Our first fully electric performance SUV, the Jaguar I-PACE, goes on sale next year.”
Joining the PHEV Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models on the Jaguar Land Rover show stand, the company will also feature the Jaguar I-PACE Concept, the company’s first fully-electric production model when it goes on sale in 2018. The commitment to electrification from Jaguar Land Rover goes a step further with the North American debut of the Jaguar I-PACE eTrophy prototype at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The prototype is further proof of the company's electric intent and previews the world's first single-make electric racing series that will follow rounds of the 2018/19 FIA Formula E Championship.
Rounding out the Jaguar model line-up making U.S. Auto Show debuts will be its new compact performance SUV, the Jaguar E-PACE, the powerful Jaguar XJR575 flagship luxury sedan and the stylish, yet spacious, Jaguar XF Sportbrake.
These premium vehicles with next-generation technology and the best of British design are on display at the Jaguar Land Rover booth in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center during the auto show’s public days, December 1-10.
# # #
- Always follow local speed limits.
- Manufacturer-estimated up to 31 miles EV range with fully charged battery. Actual range may vary.
- Estimated availability in the U.S. is summer 2018.
- These systems are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these systems will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner’s manual or your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for more details.
- All illustrations, photographs and specifications shown here are based on the Jaguar I-PACE Concept vehicle. Final U.S. specifications, design, equipment and accessories have not been determined. Therefore, U.S. production vehicles will differ from the one shown. All pricing and figures for acceleration, power, speed, range and charging are Manufacturer’s estimates based on best information available at time of publication. Jaguar I-PACE production vehicles will be tested and certified prior to release, with official figures available prior to any customer delivery.