LAND ROVER InControl™ APPS
WHAT IT DOES
- InControl™ Apps mirrors the driver’s smartphone on the vehicle Touch-screen10. Select approved apps on the connected phone are displayed and can be controlled through the vehicle Touch-screen.
- My device, My apps, My content, My configuration. Our owners already have their entire lives on their phones, so InControl™ Apps allows you to continue to use your phone inside your Land Rover vehicle10 and not have to learn new systems or create new preferences in each car.
- Multi user, multi vehicle. One phone can be used in any Land Rover vehicle equipped with InControl™ Apps, allowing you to carry your apps with you from vehicle to vehicle. In addition, different drivers can plug in to a shared vehicle10 and have their own individual app experiences.
- Familiar app control. The apps will work in your Land Rover vehicle10 in a similar way as they do on your phone and have been optimized for use while driving10.
- Faster to market with new apps. When new InControl™ Apps are available, you can download, update and install new apps through your phone, so the vehicle’s system can always be up-to-date.
HOW IT WORKS
- Apple and Android compatible. InControl™ Apps works with both the latest Apple (iPhone ® 5 with iOS ® 7 and newer) and Android (v4 and newer) smartphones.
- The Land Rover InControl™ App10. The InControl™ App itself must be downloaded to the user’s phone before the system can operate. The app will be available for download through the App Store and Google Play store.
- Plug in and launch the App. Using InControl™ Apps in your Land Rover vehicle10 involves three simple steps:
1. Plug the phone into the dedicated USB port inside the center console (inside the glove box on LR4 models) using the USB cable supplied with the phone;
2. Launch the InControl™ app on the phone;
3. Select the InControl™ function on the vehicle Touch-screen menu.
- Data usage through the user’s phone. Because the apps operate through the user’s phone any data usage for downloading and using the apps will be through the user’s mobile phone contract and carrier.
UPDATING THE SYSTEM
- Updates through the App Store and Google Play store. Unlike other vehicle software updates, InControl™ Apps lives on the user’s phone. Apps can be added and updated by the user on their smartphone with downloads though the usual online app stores through Apple or Google.
Land Rover InControl™ Apps will first be introduced on the 2015 LR4 as an option, before becoming available across the rest of the 2015 Land Rover lineup, excluding LR2. Check with your Land Rover retailer for availability.